Not a lot of people know what a professional EMCEE actually does or understands the role of an EMCEE at a wedding or special event celebration.So is hiring a professional EMCEE the right choice for your event and what do they do anyway?
The master of ceremonies is the person who coordinates your wedding reception and makes sure that everything runs smooth and as scheduled. They will have the wedding program and know who, when and what happens at every moment. They will make sure that everything happens according to plan so that your wedding reception runs on time and not into overtime, adding more cost to you. Their job is to make the bride and groom the focus of the night, and at the same time, stay in control of what’s happening without becoming the center of attention. They have to be able to set the mood of the reception by interacting with your guests.
Responsibilities can include:
- acting as the host of the wedding reception, welcoming your guests,
- being the communicator of public announcements – vocally inform, navigate and convey housekeeping details,
- acting as the middle-man for wedding suppliers (think catering staff/venue supervisor/photographer/videographer/etc.),
- being keeper of the schedule & timing of speeches/cake cutting/first dance/farewell etc.,
- ensuring the smooth running of the reception, and
- taking the pressure off the newlyweds and/or their bridal party, parents and siblings.